Employee participation in workplace health and safety is a required by law. Many organisations have put committees in place and provided initial training on the role of the committee. Often little has been planned in the way of refresher training. New committee members have come on over the years but they to may not have been given formal training about the role of the committee and their part in its operation.
This course is designed to focus both old and new committee members on what is required from employee participation in health and safety and ensure that our workplace is compliant with what the Health and Safety in employment Act requires.
The training is designed for staff at all levels and will be tailored to suit the industry they are working in.
Course participants will get a good overview of all aspects of employee participation in health and safety in our workplaces.
- Why employee participation was added to the HSE act.
- What the HSE act requires us to achieve through our health and safety committees.
- The role of trained health and safety reps.
- Hazard management.
- Accident reporting and investigation.
- Health and safety training.
- How much power does the committee have?
- How to avoid committees dying of old age.
Course: Successful Health and Safety Committees
Duration: 90 Minutes
Max # Participants: 30 people
Cost: $500 plus gst
Training Provider: HR Development and Training Ltd
Trainer: Dave Griffith
For more information or booking email Dave Griffith [email protected] or call 021-2221359